- Painters of the early twentieth century who were known primarily for they colorful landscapes, the Group of Seven changed is name to the Canadian Group of Painters in 1993.
*KEY : They is incorrect, the correct is their
- The gray scale, a progressive series of shades ranging from black to white, is used in computer graphics —- detail to graphical images.
(B) to add
(C) are added
(D) and add
*KEY : B (to add)
- The cork oak tree has a layer of cork several inches thickness that can be stripped every ten years.
*KEY : Thickness is incorrect, the correct is thick
- …. skeleton of an insect is on the outside of its body.
(B) That the
(C) There is a
*KEY : D (the)
- For a seagoing, cargo-carrying sailing vessels, the clipper ship was remarkably fast.
*KEY : Vessels is incorrect, the correct is vessel
- By —- excluding competition from an industry, governments have often created public service monopolies.
(A) they adopt laws
(B) laws are adopted
(C) adopting laws
(D) having laws adopt
*KEY : C (adopting laws)
- Diamond is the hardest known substance, so diamonds can be cut only by another.
*KEY : Another is incorrect, the correct is other
- Cholesterol is present in large quantities in the nervous system, where —- compound of myelin.
(A) it a
(C) being a
(D) it is a
*KEY : D (it is a)
- Alaska became the forty-ninth state in 1959, and Hawaii became the fiftieth state lately that year.
*KEY : Lately is incorrect, the correct is later
- To break thick ice, an icebreaker boat moves fast enough to ride up on the ice, —- under its weight.
(A) so then breaks
(B) when breaks it
(C) which then breaks
(D) for which then breaks
*KEY : C (which then breaks)